Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life

Life. I know it is a bold title. I mean you are probably wondering where I am going to go in the post. Life. Its one of those words that if you say it over and over again it begins to sound funny... Life, life, life, life, life... Besides that ridiculous point I think its meaning can conjour up memories, hopes, dreams, adventures,friends, family and swing sets. Life. For me I feel like is one of those few words that alone make up a sentence. I know, I know grammatically it isn't all there, but in my head it is. Life is a subject, a noun and most importantly it connotes a verb. Life obviously brings up the idea of living... To live. When someone asks to hear about my life I automatically run through my mind and think about how I live it. Of course I hit some adjectives, but somehow I run into opposites like exciting, boring, good, bad and therefore adjectives cannot give way to what my life is really like. I experience life, and inside the images of my memories, hopes, dreams, adventures, friends, family and swing sets I come to the constant realization that my life is more than a description; there is something else, more accurately someone else involved. Its obvious that I breathe and my heart beats and therefore "I live." But what if I were to say that the majority of my life has been spent dead. That would change the whole literal meaning of the word life. My life goes beyond a heart beat and beyond breathing. My life was useless and lifeless before I truly understood what it meant to live life. To live goes beyond even those memories, hopes, dreams, adventure, friends, family and swing sets. To live is to have a relationship with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment